ADSM-L

Re: EXCLUDE.DIR and EXCLUDE.FS

2000-12-12 17:28:57
Subject: Re: EXCLUDE.DIR and EXCLUDE.FS
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:09:59 -0700
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Rushforth, Tim wrote:

> And speaking of Excludes ...
>
> The Exclude.archive is a welcome feature, but we tend to have to duplicate
> excludes,  one line to exlude from backups, another line to exclude from
> archives.
>
> Is there a way to exclude a file from both backups and archives with one
> statement?

For both backup and archive operations?  No.  Not to the best of my
knowlege.

> Also, what is the difference between exclude, exclude.backup and
> exclude.file.backup?

exclude :  Excludes a file or group of files from backup services and
           space management services (if theTSM HSM client is
           installed). Any file in your client domain that is not
           specifically excluded with this option is considered for
           backup.

exclude.backup :
                Excludes a file or a group of files from normal backup
                services, but not from HSM.

exclude.file.backup:
                Excludes a file from normal backup services.

Hope this is helpfull.

Keith Davey
Tivoli Systems