ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore Product fro the Kernel Group

2000-12-12 16:31:59
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore Product fro the Kernel Group
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:32:40 -0800
We're currently using BMR under AIX.  Our environment is complicated by the
fact that we use DCE/DFS.  BMR is slick.  I'm currently trying to get our NT
group to take a look at it also.

I don't know what issues Shawn ran into, but when we were evaluating and
testing BMR, we found several things we wanted changed/fixed and some issues
that cropped up solely in DFS file systems.  We informed The Kernel Group
about them and the changes we requested were included in the next release in
a matter of weeks.  The response/turnaround time was VERY nice.  We also had
James Wang, the Vice President of Services for TKG, on site during our
trials, which undoubtedly helped with the priority of our requests. <Grin>

All in all, I was impressed with the product and with the organization
itself.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC