ADSM-L

tape volumes with unknown content

2000-12-12 11:25:57
Subject: tape volumes with unknown content
From: Peter Koblauch <Peter_Koblauch AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:59:49 -0500
Hello,

I have some DLT tapes in a cabinet but I'm not sure what these contain.

The tapes are unknown to ADSM (3.1), e.g. "q vol", "q drm", "q media"
produce no results.
Some of them have an entry in the volume history, where their status is
"STGDELETE",
which might indicate that they are old DB backups.

I know the tapes at one point in time were good ADSM volumes and would like
to reuse
them  for scratch. However before that, I'd like to be able l to determine
what they contain.

Is there a way to read the label and header to determine their ID
or what they contain and when the information was placed there?

--
thanks for any help,
thanks for any help,