ADSM-L

script parsing

2015-10-04 17:25:43
Subject: script parsing
From: Gerald Wichmann [mailto:gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT NET]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
When doing the following:

Dsmadmc  id=someid  pa=somepw  select domain_name,description from domains
> somefile

You end up with two columns of info each of which is 18 characters in width.
If your description is wider then 18 characters it takes up multiple rows.
This makes it rather hard to parse the  somefile  and stick the info from
each column into variables to then use. Has anyone found a way to do this
sort of thing and grab this info?

I though maybe if I did a  set sqldispl wide  before that I could parse it
out that way but when running commands from the aix prompt it seems it doesn
 t  stick . I.e. when my select statement runs, the sqldisp variable is back
to narrow. Is there a way to send multiple commands in one dsmadmc string?
Like some sort of  set sqldisp wide; select * from nodes ?

Gerald Wichmann
Systems Engineer
Sansia System Solutions
408-844-8893 work