ADSM-L

Re: Questions on scheduler TSM4.1.1 Windows Client

2000-12-07 11:34:16
Subject: Re: Questions on scheduler TSM4.1.1 Windows Client
From: Mike Dile <Mike_Dile AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:33:30 -0800
The scheduler wizard on Windows 9x creates a .BAT file in the Startup
folder to launch sched95.exe.   sched95.exe imbeds the functionality of
dsmc schedule in a tray application. Witness the safe icon in the tray
which you may right-mouse-button click to see a popup menu allowing you to
stop or see the "about TSM scheduler" information.   This functionality was
developed in response to numerous customer requests--many users were simply
closing the command prompt window the launched dsmc sched or were confused
by the messages on shutdown that required a manual close of dsmc sched.

The command window you see with the title "Finished" that's requiring a
manual close is a bug that we hope to fix.  The fact that you cannot see
the countdown to next schedule when using the tray application is working
as designed.  sched95.exe is intended as a  set-it-and-forget-it
application.  I would submit that most novice users just want to have their
machine backed up without any intervention or awareness.  That being said,
if it rains fire on the listserv after I post this and a requirement is
submitted to add the time-to-next-schedule functionality into the tray
application,  we're certainly open to considering your needs.

Regards,

Mike Dile
Mike_Dile AT tivoli DOT com