ADSM-L

Re: Compression with TDP for Domino

2000-12-07 10:28:53
Subject: Re: Compression with TDP for Domino
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:29:02 -0500
You can find out about compression percent in 2 ways.

1.  Look at the SCHEDLOG (normally dsmsched.log) on the client and find the
ending stanza where it gives all the summary for the session it has a "Objects
compressed by __ % whethere compression is on or not.

2.  q actlog on server with search=ANE496 to get same stanza or ANE4968I to get
just compression stats.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Stephanie.CANON AT CIGMA.ASSO DOT FR 12/07/00 07:59AM >>>
Hi,

We are using TDP for Domino. We try to set Compression On.
How can we know th compression is really on? Since we turn compression on,
nothing changed. There are no information about the compression rate,  and
the volume transferred is quite the same?
Afer having changed the compression value, we stop and restart the
scheduler.
How can we know the compression is effective?

Thanks for your help.

Stéphanie Canon
Stéphanie Canon
Stephanie.canon AT cigma.asso DOT fr