ADSM-L

Need Help

2015-10-04 17:25:42
Subject: Need Help
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Friends

I am testing backup using ADSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3
platform, I have two clients, and 2 manual DLT 4000
drives, (2 diasy chained dlt-4000). I have defined 2
different schedules for the 2 clients, 2 different
policy domains directed to 2 different tape drives,
one thing they share though is common library
(dlt_lib) since both the tape drives are DLT-4000, but
both nodes are backing up to one dlt-4000 tape,
instead of the two tape drives.

I know when I was labeling the tapes manually, the
system was criss-crossing across the two drives, like
a label a tape to tape drive A, and try to label to
another tape to the same drive A, the system would
label for drive B..and I don't have control over this
since I don't have a parameter that says DRIVE=DRIVE A
for the label libvolume command.

Any suggestion,

thanks
Marlon