ADSM-L

Install problem with TDP for Oracle on Solaris

2000-12-06 12:04:03
Subject: Install problem with TDP for Oracle on Solaris
From: Thiha Than <Thiha_Than AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:04:29 -0800
hi,

If the TDPO manual says libobk.a for Solaris, it's the problem with the
manual.  Library suppose to be libobk.so.  To link it with Oracle 8.0.x

 shutdown all the oracle instances including listeners
 make sure there is no libobk.* in any directory under $ORACLE_HOME
 from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib dirctory, issue
   $ make -f ins_rdbms.mk LLIBMM=/usr/lib/libobk.so ioracle

That should relink TDPO libobk.so with Oracle.

regards,
Thiha

>I'm attempting an install of TDP for Oracle 2.1.0 on Solaris 2.6 and =
>Oracle 8.0.5

>The install doc tells me that where Oracle is below 8.1.5 there should be
=
>a libobk.a that needs to be linked with Oracle via a make command
>At 8.1.5 there is a libobk.so that needs to be symbolically linked to from
=
.the Oracle lib directory.