ADSM-L

Install problem with TDP for Oracle on Solaris

2000-12-05 18:57:00
Subject: Install problem with TDP for Oracle on Solaris
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:56:51 +1000
Hi All,

I'm attempting an install of TDP for Oracle 2.1.0 on Solaris 2.6 and Oracle
8.0.5

The install doc tells me that where Oracle is below 8.1.5 there should be a
libobk.a that needs to be linked with Oracle via a make command
At 8.1.5 there is a libobk.so that needs to be symbolically linked to from the
Oracle lib directory.

My problem is that TDPO comes with only  libobk.so, i.e. libobk.a is not
supplied.
I've tried running the make and specifiying  libobk.so, but that gave me a
broken oracle executable.
I've tried just putting the shared library in as if we were at 8.1.5 and that
isn't working either

RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-06512: at
line 306
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19624: operation failed, retry possible
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="OTTRA1_415618441_2_1",
parms=""

This is the only error message I've been able to find, which I surise indicates
that we aren't even getting to the TDP code.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Steve Harris
AIX and ADSM Admin Contractor
Queenslan Health, Brisbane Australia