ADSM-L

Restore

2000-12-05 09:31:18
Subject: Restore
From: Shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:31:47 -0500
Hi all ,
  Is it possible to restore   directory from one node to another ?.
  for restoring file i am using  :
   : dsmc restore  -pick     - virtualnodename =medrs2
/ora01/app/oracle/admin/ACWT/*.db

1) I  want to restore whole filesystems structure say   /ora01  from  server
A  to   /Oratest1  on  server   B .
  if restoring file systems is not possible  then is it possible to restore all
the diretories from  /ora01   to  /oratest1 ?

2) Was trying to  restore   data from backup , TSM   have restored only
directories/Directory Structure   and  these directories contains no data ..
       what i am missing  , I was using GUI ,

 AIX 4.3.3.0   TSM3.7.2    client AIX 4.3.3.0  / TSM client 4.1    ..

thanks