ADSM-L

lost my Library

2000-12-05 08:58:10
Subject: lost my Library
From: James Healy <bkupmstr AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 05:58:38 -0800
Can anyone shed any light on my situation

Current environment: version 3.7.3 running on Solaris 2.6 with Solaris clients
running 3.7.2

I have 4 tsm servers sharing the same 3494 that has 10 3590 drives in it.

I recently added the last 2 of the 4 servers last week to the sharing.

i must inject...  my strong points are not UNIX.

Anyway after configuring the library with only minor problems last friday all
was well until soemtime saturday when DBAs doing tests encountered problems
writing to tape.

Now it appears that I cannot communicate with the Library and Solaris
can/cannot see it.

I can ping the IP address associated with the library from the solaris box I'm
trying to run TSM from

I kept getting I/o errors on the library when trying to run anything that
utilized the library after saturday ie move data or direct writ to tape

I checked the etc/ibmatl.conf and it still looks fine

I checked the lan host definition at the library itself and it looks okay

I checked by doing ps -f | grep lmcp and I have an lmcpd running.

I ran a mtlib -l 3494lib -qL and it returns  ---mtlib: Unable to open Library
3494lib: No such device

All three othe TSM servers are seeing the library properly

Am I missing something else?