ADSM-L

Re: 1 server with two policys?

2000-12-04 15:40:55
Subject: Re: 1 server with two policys?
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:34:19 -0500
Matt,

I have a similar setup, and, in the include/exclude list, I have the
following statement:

include /DATABASENAME    database

Obviously, change DATABASENAME to the name of the database, as configured
by the DBA's.

On the server, in the domain where the node is registered, I have an
additional management class called "database" with a copy group configured
correctly for DB2 data.  This binds the database backups (and any log
sweeps) to the database management class, so they expire correctly.

Once I showed the customer how much extra data we had keeping the databases
under the filesystem management class (keep last for 90 days), they wanted
it implemented immeadiately.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)