ADSM-L

Automated Admin Access.

2015-10-04 17:25:42
Subject: Automated Admin Access.
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Greetings, all.

I have several scripts I run to perform "automatic" maintainance and
profiling
on my storage pools.  Some of these scripts have bits that require a real
admin logon (such as a BACK STG PREVIEW=YES) so I've heretofore run them
attended, and typed in userid and password.  I'd really like them to be able
to run completely unattended, but I hate the thought of leaving ID and
password hanging around on a filesystem in plaintext.

Have any of you folks encountered and/or solved this problem on AIX?

Hmm.. An IP filter, permitting or forbidding admins access based on where
they're coming from might make this simpler..

Allen S. Rout