ADSM-L

Re: Oracle/rman tdp failing

2000-12-04 08:25:58
Subject: Re: Oracle/rman tdp failing
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:28:13 -0600
I seem to remember that upon upgrading the client code from 3.1 to 3.7, that the
default entered by the installation for MAXNUMMP was "unlimited"- which is not
correctly interpreted as 999, which is what I ended up changing the value to.

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          Terry Barth           |
|        |          <Terry.Barth@MORTGAGEF|
|        |          AMILY.COM>            |
|        |                                |
|        |          12/02/2000 06:02 AM   |
|        |          Please respond to     |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor      |
|        |          Manager"              |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU                         |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Lisa Cabanas/SC/MODOT)                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: Oracle/rman tdp failing             |
  >------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi James -

I just got done updating all of my oracle clients to TDP and we had this
same problem on 2 clients and it was the cause of 2 different issues.

On 1 client, the database needed to be relinked with the libobk.a.
On the other client, for some reason, we had lost the maxnum mount points
and therefore, had to reset it by using "update <nodename> maxnummp=<number
of mount points>

All of my upgrades were 8.05, 8.06, 8.1.5, and 8.1.6 clients - everything
went find, except for the 2 issues above.

Also, have the oracle dba's make sure that all their scripts are pointing to
the right directory if this is a change from IBM's to Tivoli's. We had some
problems with our first upgrade due to misdirection in the scripts that were
missed.