ADSM-L

Re: Checkout tapes for offsite

2000-12-01 13:29:10
Subject: Re: Checkout tapes for offsite
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:20:27 -0500
Hi Raminder:
It all depends on your specific site. I'll assume your like most shops and you
have a copypool that is updated each day with new incremental data, and it is
those volumes you want to checkout. So you want to:
1). Find out the new copypool volume in the library that are not offsite
2). Check them out
3). Update thier staus to offsite

We use a script for this that is executed each day just after the TSM DB and
critical file backups. I think the sample script can be found in the ADSM-L
archives. But you can do it via the command line in this sequence:

1).select volume_name from volumes where stgpool_name='YOURCOPYPOOL' AND NOT
access='OFFSITE'
2). CHECKOUT LIBV ..................<your site parms>
3). UPD VOL xxxxxx acc=offsite

>>> raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM 12/01/00 01:17PM >>>
How do I figure which ones to send, or which ones were used in the last
backup.
Thanks
Raminder