ADSM-L

So long all, and thanks for your assistance.

2000-12-01 12:34:33
Subject: So long all, and thanks for your assistance.
From: Daniel Swan-TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:35:52 -0800
I'm going to be signing off the list later this afternoon, but just want to
take a moment to say 'bye' to everyone.

I'd like to thank everyone on this list for all of the help and guidance
you've given.  I've been very impressed with the
level of skill and professionality on this list.  In the new year, my
employer will be getting a dedicated ADSM person,
which will free me up for my more unix-oriented duties.

In the way of giving back, I'd like to give back, in a tongue in cheek
manner, the three most important things I've learned in the last 5 months of
ADSMing:

1)  ADSM is a four letter word.

2)  Friends don't let friends administrate ADSM.

3)  It's easier to backup than to restore.

and one more thought, which I already knew from previous experience:

4)  Tapes are cheaper than data.

Best of luck all, and thanks again,
Dan.