ADSM-L

Re: backup stgpool fails..

2000-12-01 09:28:12
Subject: Re: backup stgpool fails..
From: Brian Heiling <Brian.Heiling AT NETASPX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:12:50 -0600
FYI,

Do a q stgp <storage pool> f=d

Look for the line  Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:  xxxx

Maybe you need to bump this up.

Brian Heiling

Shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
12/01/00 08:01 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        backup stgpool fails..

Hi all,
    TSM creates daily copypool(offsite)  tapes for me , with  command
backup
stgpool tapepool copypool ,
but from yesterday it started failing with following error, gives
insufficient
space error ANR1221E ,
even though there are some scratch tapes.. and this process only needs one
scratch tape .
anybody faced this problem before..

ANR8337I DLT volume MED403 mounted in drive DRIVE1 (/dev/mt0).
ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: QUERY MOUNT
ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: QUERY SESSION
ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: QUERY MOUNT
ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: QUERY DRIVE
ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: QUERY MOUNT
ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 13 terminated - insufficient space in
target
copy storage pool.
ANR0985I Process 13 for BACKUP STORAGE POOL running in the BACKGROUND
completed
with completion state FAILURE at 08:36:23.
ANR1214I Backup of primary storage pool TAPEPOOL to copy storage pool
COPYPOOL
has ended.  Files Backed Up: 0, Bytes Backed Up: 0, Unreadable Files: 0,
Unreadable Bytes: 0.
ANR8325I Dismounting volume MED403 - 5 minute mount retention expired.
ANR8336I Verifying label of DLT volume MED403 in drive DRIVE1 (/dev/mt0).
ANR8468I DLT volume MED403 dismounted from drive DRIVE1 (/dev/mt0) in
library
STK9710.

Thnaks in advance
..