ADSM-L

Re: Move drmedia question

2000-11-30 09:17:16
Subject: Re: Move drmedia question
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT NISA.GC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:17:30 -0600
Hi Chris,

you can do a move DRM * wherestate=...., however I found this was not a good
way to do it. I found that writing a script, to write a script, that checks out
(and in) every tape individually was much better. The problem was that
sometimes I had a tape in a state that was, say mountable, but you don't won't
to change it to notmountable.

miles

----------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT nisa.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557
----------------
>>> "Sharp, Chris" <Chris.Sharp AT PMSC.CO DOT UK> 30-Nov-00 5:15:10 AM >>>
>>> "Sharp, Chris" <Chris.Sharp AT PMSC.CO DOT UK> 30-Nov-00 5:15:10 AM >>>
Hello all,
            I am trying to improve our tape returns. I have a number of
Drtapes that get expired in blocks and want to be able to tell they system
that they are in the onsiteretrieve without having to do a 'move drmedia
xxxxxx tostate=onsiteretrieve' for every one, is there a way of inputting a
text file (as with checkin) or another way.
I am running server on NT4 sp6a with TSM 3.7.4 with the DR lic.

Can any one offer any advice, or is it a matter of returning each tape
individually?

Ta for the advice...and Happy Christmas.

Chris Sharp
Senior Systems Engineer
MYND
Tel:- +44 (0)1932 879205