ADSM-L

Re: HELP : Schedule backup Error on 3.7 NT ba client attached to 3.7.3

2000-11-27 22:45:53
Subject: Re: HELP : Schedule backup Error on 3.7 NT ba client attached to 3.7.3
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:25:26 EST
In article <F250n9Wgtc2S6AATiyh00004787 AT hotmail DOT com>, ameerul madzali
<ameerulm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> says:

>Hi everyone,
>I have a problem with my schedule backup. I have a :
>TSM 3.7.8 (AIX 4.3.3). I scheduled a backup for my NT client which has 3.7
>installed. It started just great. After 2 hours (i set a duration of 6
>hours), an error pop up on the client screen :
>"dsmcsvc.exe something at "0x0042ff7e" refference memory at "0x00000000".
>The memory could not be "read".

The program was killed by windows for trying to read an illegal memory
address, that is the memory address of zero. This is a problem with the
tsm program.

You can try to install the latest 3.7 fixtest to see if it will fix
other problems. It will fix several other problems.

You might find a little more data in the dsmsched.log or dsmerror.log
file. You might also find some data in the windows nt event log.
There may also be data in the dr watson log.

If you tell from the log files which file it was reading at the
time the program faulted, then you can try to read that file with
something like notepad and see if that program dies also.
Sometimes the tsm program dies because of a problem with a file or
filesystem.

If you do not like putting the latest maint level/test code on
or if the latest code does not fix the code, then you might want to
contact the support center and give them the problem data.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513