ADSM-L

Re: Labelling the tapes in 3590-E11 Jukebox

2000-11-25 15:16:51
Subject: Re: Labelling the tapes in 3590-E11 Jukebox
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:22:14 -0500
I have never worked with this particular library but with my current IBM 3575
and other libraries that have a "bulk I/O location(s)" the command is:

label libvol 3575lib1 search=bulk labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch

This will take all tapes in Bulk I/O slots and label them and check them in as
Scratch with the one command/step.

This is IF:
1.  You have barcodes on tapes
2.  Your ACF or other slot is or can be configured as "Bulk I/O slots"

If you need to for some reason relabel tapes then add to the end of the
command: overwrite=yes

Be VERY careful about this overwrite and make sure search=bulk is in command
because you can actually relabel (WIPE OUT) existing data tapes in library.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN 11/22/00 10:06PM >>>
Hi

We have RS6000/SP wide node with AIX 4.3.3, Tivoli Storage manager 3.7.0 and
IBM 3590 E11 jukebox. We are planning to use it for Informix database (ver.
7.24 UC 3 on SAP R/3 ver 4.0B) backup. Presently, we are labelling the tape
from priority slot and then do a "check-in". But there is no fun it. We
would like stack 4 tapes in the ACF and label them one by one. Does any one
know how to label the tapes in single step ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services - India