ADSM-L

Re: nable to restore file

2000-11-21 16:43:19
Subject: Re: nable to restore file
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:42:24 -0600
What version of *SM client and server?  I also have DAVE clients, problems
were resolved with more recent versions of *SM.  I also have USEUNICODEF
yes in the options file.  I think the version of DAVE is also important,
you may have to call support.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    Toni Banire
                    <Toni_T_Banire@S        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BPHRD.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     nable to restore file
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    11/21/00 10:45
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have some files on a NT system. An AppleMac server hosts the files for
users
via software on the Apple machine called DAVE.
Not to familiar with DAVE,
Here's what happens when I do a restore

Lets say I have a dir (A) with 4 subdirs (a1...4) and the file resides in
a4.

If I try to restore the file into a folder called a4i, I get the error msg
ANS1256E. I think it's to do with permissions. I have NTFS change
permission on
the main dir where this file resides. The file itself has no other
permissions
However, when I restore the file into A1i it's fine.

Not sure what's going on here

TIA
Toni