ADSM-L

ANS1036S

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: ANS1036S
From: Gill, Geoffrey L. [mailto:GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Wondering what this is:

Trying to learn something about AIX and I'm running into a wall, not
surprising though. I have a couple of problems in that:

1. If I run dsmcad from the command line, while in the directory where it
resides, it is there I can see it, I get the message:
/bin/ksh: dsmcad: not found.

The TSM 4.1 book "Installing the Clients" is where I got the info to start
the TSM Client Acceptor daemon.

2. When I try to run the baclient from the web client I get the following
error:
ANS2619S The Client Acceptor Daemon was unable to start the Remote Client
Agent.  Now in the web client error log I see the following:

ANS1036S Invalid option 'D' found in options file
'/ust/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin' at line number : 1 Invalid entry 'D'

Explanations is as follows:
Explanation: The specified option in the TSM options file (file-name) is in
error.
System Action: Processing stopped.
User Response: Correct the options file entry.

But I don't see a 'd' or 'D' in my options file on line 1 so I guess I don't
get it. I checked both the dsm.sys and the dsm.opt.

What am I missing on both of these?

Running TSM 4.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3

I am not sure the environment is set correctly since I've built from scratch
and am just learning, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.