ADSM-L

Antw: Solaris 8 TSM 4.1.1 client gui msgs of missing fonts and a coredump

2000-11-20 07:30:07
Subject: Antw: Solaris 8 TSM 4.1.1 client gui msgs of missing fonts and a coredump
From: Reiner Sauer <ReinerSauer AT VINZENZ DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:28:56 +0100
I have problems starting the SW. Which kind of platform do you use (Sparc or
x86)

regards
R. Sauer

>>> andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH 20.11.2000 11:35:08 >>>
Hi together,

I have installed the Tivoli Sun Solaris Client Level 4.1.1 on two Solaris
2.8 systems. The ADSM-server ist on OS/390 at 3.1.2.50 (will be migrated to
4.1 in spring).

The installed client at cmd-line level works well, no problem.
But when I start the gui with dsm, then I get at lot of the following
messages:

Warning: No font found.
Warning:
    Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
    Class: XmRendition
    Conversion failed.  Cannot load font.

Then the first window is shown, but then when I press a icon  a core dump
is done and the application ist abended.

I have not found anything in the error-databases nor in the adsm-archives.
Is this an enviromental error at our installation and does someone else
have this error too?

If this is not an error in the client sw, does anyone know a solution?

If this is realy a SW-error, which means I'm not the only one having these
abends, then I will report it to tivoli.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungen
Andreas Buser