ADSM-L

Reuse off old dbb volumes

2000-11-20 03:42:23
Subject: Reuse off old dbb volumes
From: Bent Lerager <BEL AT ASTONITGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:38:34 +0100
Hi TSM's

I have a TSM server, where I make a dbbackup every day, and delete old
dbbackup volumes after 3 days, but how can I find the old (just deleted )
dbbackup volume name, so I can retrieve it from vault ??
It is not in volhis list any more, the act log don't say what volumes have
been deleted from the volhis list, and even when I know the volume name, it
is not possible to query the volume because it is not in any storagepool.

Please help so I can reuse the right tapes.

regards

Bent Lerager
Senior Systemkonsulent

Aston Enterprise Server A/S