ADSM-L

Re: moving a server

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: Re: moving a server
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I haven't done it myself, and I've seen others report there are
platform-specific data stored in the TSM db, which means you'd need to do
the equivalent of export/import from AIX to Solaris (UNLOAD/LOAD maybe?), to
overcome those dependencies.  If it were me, I'd try doing a "restore" of
the AIX db to the Solaris file system... to determine for sure.  Also, the
device class, library, drive id's are different between the two systems -
although, if you use the same names you might be able to trick the system
into working.

Don France

Technical Architect - Unix Engineering/P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net
PACE - http://www.pacepros.com