ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT Shares are not restored!?

2000-11-15 12:07:46
Subject: Re: Windows NT Shares are not restored!?
From: John Monahan <JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:06:07 -0600
What I do is basically follow the methods outlined in this MS article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q125/9/96.asp

In order to get to the original registry key that contains the shares, you
can use the load hive function in regedt32 to load the old system registry
hive from the adsm.sys directory.  You save the key that contains the
original shares from this loaded hive.  Then you restore this key to the
current registry on the client by following the procedures in the article.

The only caveat I have encountered is you may need to look in
"CurrentControlSet###" (001, 002, etc) to find the original shares registry
key in the loaded hive.  Also note that this wipes out any shares you
currently have.  It's an all or nothing deal.

    John Monahan
    Network Administrator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

                    "Johnson, Chris
                    E."                       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <Chris.Johnson@MAR        cc:
                    RIOTT.COM>                Subject:     Re: Windows NT
Shares are not restored!?
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    11/15/00 10:17 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Has anybody been successful restoring "shares"?