ADSM-L

StorageTek L20

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: StorageTek L20
From: Walker, Lesley R [mailto:lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all,
I need help to get my tape library going.

It's a StorageTek L20, connected to a server which is TSM 3.7.2 on Solaris
7.

I've connected up the cables and done a boot -r (to get the OS to recognise
the new devices, which it appears to).
But when I try to define the library, the admin client just hangs.

Are there any OS tools I can use to test the library?

More details:
Robotics are accessed via SCSI - it should be able to work the same as any
other SCSI library.
Robotics and drive are on the same SCSI chain.
Library is target 0, drive is target 1
Cabling goes server->library->drive->terminator

--
Lesley Walker
Lesley Walker