ADSM-L

Re: RESTORE OF ARCHIVED FILES FROM COPYPOOL VOLUMES

2000-11-14 14:45:25
Subject: Re: RESTORE OF ARCHIVED FILES FROM COPYPOOL VOLUMES
From: Debbie Denham <ddenh AT PUBPRESS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:44:36 -0500
Your are right I forgot to include that bit of information originally. We have
decided to retrieve the files from another server that was backed up. That
server contained backup versions for 30 days of the original files.
But thank you for your quick response to my question. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Debbie Denham

>>> Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> 11/14/00 01:28PM >>>
My apologies. I didn't see that in the note. Have you considered restoring the
database from a point in time before the delete archive?

>>> ddenh AT PUBPRESS DOT COM 11/14/00 01:02PM >>>
Larry,
Does it matter that the originally archived files were deleted using the delete
archive command?

>>> Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US> 11/14/00 12:41PM >>>
Yes, just use the retrieve command.

>>> ddenh AT PUBPRESS DOT COM 11/14/00 12:34PM >>>
I need to restore archived files from offsite copypool volumes to rearchive
them. Is this at all possible? Does anyone know of the steps to do so?
I have put the schedule for copypool reclamation on hold and file expiration
will not take place until the next day.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.
Debbie Denham