ADSM-L

ADSM/HSM remote data copy EXPORT/IMPORT?

2000-11-14 06:22:43
Subject: ADSM/HSM remote data copy EXPORT/IMPORT?
From: Andreas Landhaeusser <Andreas.Landhaeusser AT DEBIS-SFR DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:07:16 +0100
Hi ADSMers,

strange problem: We have to move several GB of HSM managed data of Server
A to a HSM managed filesystem of server B. Server A and Server B are on
different locations, connected via just a 4 Mbit link.

So there's a question:

Is there a possibility to only transfer the stub files, export the
files/database to the 3490Es and then recreate the data and datebase by
import on the remote site?

Such an idea sounds better to me than creating tar or cpio files on tapes,
shipping and reading the the data on the remote site, which causes backups
to be done and only after backups, the data is able to be migrated ...

        Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

        Andreas

--
Andreas R. Landhaeusser