ADSM-L

anyone use CLIENTACTION from external scheduler?

2000-11-10 11:54:02
Subject: anyone use CLIENTACTION from external scheduler?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:53:39 -0500
Hello all,
        I am looking at running some CLIENTACTION scripts from our TSM
server on MVS.  I am trying to set it up so the client will do the backup,
the MVS job/script waits for the backup to complete (WAIT=YES) , then have
the script query the completion of the backup.  This way I can find a way to
report back to our scheduler and it can go on with bringing the data bases
backup on the client, at the proper time, if the backup completes
successfully or notify the proper person if it doesn't.  I am playing around
basically with the following script for starters.  I was wondering if anyone
else has already went down this road and can tell me any pitfalls or better
ways of getting this done.  I haven't even started on a script/rexx/? to
parse the query response yet.
Thanks Matt

DEFINE CLIENTACTION DT0179 DOMAIN=STANDARD ACTION=SELECTIVE   -
   OBJECTS='"C:\*"  "D:\*" "D:\MY DOCUMENTS\*" '  WAIT=YES

QUERY EVENT STANDARD * NODE=DT0179 FORMAT=DETAILED