ADSM-L

Re: How to reclaim with only 1 drive (but only for primary pools!)

2000-11-10 08:13:25
Subject: Re: How to reclaim with only 1 drive (but only for primary pools!)
From: Jochem van Hal <jvhal AT ALLSHARE DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:12:24 +0100
Reclaimation of a primary stg can be done with only 1 drive as described
below.

With an (offsite) copy pool it is impossible: for a reclaim of a copy pool,
some objects from some primary pools have to be copied to a fresh copypool
vol (as the reclaimed copypool vol is offsite).

There is no way you let TSM load a primarypool vol, read some date, place it
somewhere, unload the vol, and load the copypool vol.  I you want to use
copypools, i think you have to get an extra drive,

Allshare Personnel BV

Jochem van Hal

mailto:jvhal AT allshare DOT nl
www.allshare.nl