ADSM-L

"Move media" vs. checkout

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: "Move media" vs. checkout
From: Diana J. Noble [mailto:djk AT UMICH DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I'm looking at moving our copypool tapes offsite.  We are not running
DRM.  I've been reading the archive of this list and it seems some people
use the adsm checkout command and others the Move media command to remove
the tapes from the library for offsite storage.  I've read up on both and
it seems the move media command is the right one for removing the tape from
the library and a checkin command to bring it back in.  Does anyone have
any comments on the checkout versus "move media" command that might help
explain their use?  Am I on the right track thinking the "move media"
command should be used?