ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:26:32
>Where do I see the number of bytes backed up?
>
>At the end of the schedule log (and in the accounting log) the number
>of bytes transferred are shown, but this does not match the filesize
>in NT. Not even taking the "objects compressed by" into the calculation!

Do you see more? Less?  Please cite an example.
Here are my notes on the number, from
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts:
Total number of bytes transferred:      In the summary statistics from an
Archive or Backup operation, or the Activity Log message ANE4961I which
records the client operation stats.  Note that the number will probably be
less than the sum reflected by including the numbers shown on "Directory-->"
lines of the report, in that *SM stores only the name and attributes of
directories.  Note also that Retry operations may inflate this value, if
they result in the file being re-sent to the server, as in the case of the
beginning of a direct-to-tape backup, when the tape is not yet mounted.
Richard Sims, BU