ADSM-L

Re: BACKUPSET DELETE PROBLEM

2000-11-07 10:28:56
Subject: Re: BACKUPSET DELETE PROBLEM
From: Peter Schrijvers <peter.schrijvers AT BASF-C-S DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:29:17 +0100
We have the same problem overhere.  I think it has to be a bug because
several other persons are having
this problem too.  I hope there is someone outthere with a solution.

Regards,
Peter Schrijvers
BASF Computer Services N.V.

Ruddy STOUDER <Ruddy.Stouder AT IRISLINK DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07/11/2000
03:22:08 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject:  BACKUPSET DELETE PROBLEM

Hello,

I have, on TSM 3.7.3, the following jobs :

Generate daily backupsets and checkout for offsite storage

Deleting the backupsets older than 30days via the following command :
del backupset * * enddate=today-30 and calling the tape back on site

A query backupset shows that it succeeded BUT ...

A q volhist type=backupset shows that the tape stays allocated

So, when the tape is back on site, they is no way to run a checkin with
a Scratch status as tape is still allocated in volhist. The only checkin
which is working is with Private status but the tape is unusable.

Do somebody know what happens and the way to solve this ?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Ruddy