ADSM-L

Re: Instaling TSM

2000-11-03 13:24:51
Subject: Re: Instaling TSM
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:15:46 -0500
Hi:
On AIX, the location for dsmserv.dsk is in:
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.dsk
It points to the location of your TSM DB and LOG files.
If I remember correctly, the 'quick start' guide under the install notes
suggests TSM will create some default DB and LOG files
You may need to create the DB and LOGS yourself and make entries in dsmserv.dsk
like so:
/var/adsmloga/adsmloga
/var/adsmlogb/adsmlogb
/var/adsmdba/dbvola
/var/adsmdbb/dbvolb

>>> Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM 11/03/00 01:09PM >>>
I am trying to install and configure TSM 3.7 and 4.1 on a new box, and
following procedure in
   TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER FOR AIX
     Quick Start  version 4 release 1 Book .

 Installation is easy smitty install, after that how to configure it ?
When I tried.   / dsmserv   to start server
Message..  dsmserv.dsk   file not found

Where i can get additional reference Or books  on how to install and configure
TSM on AIX 4.3.3 .