ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling backup for NT Cluster on ADSM 3.1.2.50

2000-11-03 08:55:53
Subject: Re: Scheduling backup for NT Cluster on ADSM 3.1.2.50
From: Anna Maria Caramiello <acaramiello AT YAHOO DOT IT>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:55:24 +0100
Before using ADSM 3.1.0.7 I tested ADSM 3.1.0.8 and
the error was the same. So I returned to 3.10.7 and I
had the problem. I've just downloaded the patch you've
suggested. Another things: how can I test a manual
backup for the cluster? how Can I use the
Backup/Restore Client to check a succesfull connection
to the aDSM server?
Thanks
Anna Maria Caramiello
--- Ramon Colet <rcolet AT AGBAR DOT ES> ha scritto: > Hi
Anna,
Anna,

>      There was a problem with ADSM 3.1.0.7 in a
> Cluster and the Password Access
> Generate option. Whe installing the service the
> registry password entry was
> erased. It should be solved in 3.1.0.8 but there was
> also a workaround (APAR
> IC24196)
>      The Workaround is:
> 1. stop scheduler services
> 2. run 'dsmc -nodename=clusterA q fi'
> 3. entry password for setting in NT registry
> 4. start services
>
> I hope this helps
>
> Ramon Colet
> Aig|es de Barcelona