ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 3.7.3 running on AIX 4.3.3

2000-11-02 12:42:35
Subject: Re: TSM Server 3.7.3 running on AIX 4.3.3
From: Glen Smith <tsm-l AT ENGINEER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:27:06 -0500
To my knowledge, TSM is multi-threaded and allows the OS to control the thread
processing.

Glen

---------- Gail Riley wrote... ------
If I understand your questions correctly -
If I understand your questions correctly -
We are running AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 3.7.3 on an H70 with four processors and
not having any problems.
I would guess that the utilization of the processors is really dependent on
TSM being multi-threaded/multi-tasking.  I've never heard of a multi-x
application limiting itself, but I guess its possible.  From what I have
seen most applications let the OS do the throttling, otherwise the
application just tries to run flat out!