ADSM-L

Re: Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3 .7

2000-11-02 11:53:53
Subject: Re: Really bad performance for a sql query after upgrading to v 3 .7
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:53:33 +0000
Hmm, Mark
Sounds like a bug.
I have not run this recently but Larry is at the same TSM as me and  his ran ok
My sql when I did run it under 3.1 was
/* NUMBER OF TAPES USED BY NODE */
/* NB. THIS IS LONG RUNNING, TAKES 40 MINS. HIGH CPU COMMAND */
SELECT NODE_NAME,COUNT(DISTINCT VOLUME_NAME) AS "# OF TAPES" -
  FROM VOLUMEUSAGE -
  GROUP BY NODE_NAME

So you see I took roughly the same time as you under 3.1
However I would have thought yours should have been slightly quicker as you are
specifying
a tape storage pool.
Maybe you are cpu constrained.
Check your RMF stats covering the period.
John

Mark Brown <mark.brown AT MCGILL DOT CA> on 11/02/2000 04:31:34 PM