ADSM-L

Buying TSM 4

2000-11-02 02:26:11
Subject: Buying TSM 4
From: Francois Swanepoel <fswanepoel AT GOV DOT BW>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:24:55 +0200
Hi
Since July we have been trying to upgrade our current version of ADSM
v3 to TSM v4 through IBM.
After exchanging numerous emails about the no. of licenses, size of the
servers, other applications running, what these servers and clients are
used for (very strange request), etc. their last reply was the
following:

<quote>
Apparantly this is alot more complex than we thought. In past
installations, IBM has actually come in to do a full audit of what
exists
on the network before quoting!!!
<endquote>

Is this the normal procedure for upgrading ADSM?
Is the TSM licensing model really so complex that we need someone to
audit the system ot is there a hidden agenda here?

Thanks
Francois