ADSM-L

Restore Sun Solaris from scratch

2000-11-01 16:52:29
Subject: Restore Sun Solaris from scratch
From: Arturo Lopez <arturo.lopez AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:12:50 -0600
Hello All

Is anyone familiar with restoring Sun Solaris from scratch.  I have a Sun
Sys Admin that does not believe TSM can restore the entire OS from scratch.
With AIX we use a SYSBACK to take an image of the OS and restore the image
and then apply the incremental to bring the OS back to pristine level.  Does
anyone have experience restoring a Sun Solaris box from scratch...

On the Intel world running WinNT 4.0.  We load a second instance of NT and
then boot into the second instance and restore the original OS and Registry.
Then reboot server into original instance.....Can you do this with Sun......

Thx

Arturo Lopez
IT Systems Programmer
210.913.1845