ADSM-L

Cached Storage Management...

2000-09-29 17:35:11
Subject: Cached Storage Management...
From: George Cardoza <gcardoza AT VIP-LTD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:33:26 -0700
Scenario:

S80, AIX
3 IBM3995-C68 fully dressed Optical Jukeboxes
4 management classes representing different file types (audio, video, tiff,
and pdf)
1 800GB Cached Storage Pool.  Next Storage Pool is long term storage on
opticals.

I set the backup storage pool migration max and min to zero to copy
automatically to Optical.  I leave a cached file version on the storage pool
for speedy retrieval.

What, if any management methods do I have for the 800GB Cached Storage Pool
area?  The data has already been migrated to Optical so this isn't a
migration question.  How would I assign priority to cached data by
management class in the cached storage pool?

TIA.

George