ADSM-L

Re: W2K backup missing a volume

2000-09-29 14:47:50
Subject: Re: W2K backup missing a volume
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:44:44 -0400
There is nothing in any log to indicate there is an error. It did not even
attempts to back it up.

                    Richard Sims
                    <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     Re: W2K backup missing a
volume
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    09/29/00
                    01:28 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

>But G: is clearly a LOCAL HARD DRIVE. ...
>Why did it skip G: ?  Is there a size issue ?

Maybe what we've seen in the past applies...

        This normally is a permissions problem.  Check the scheduler
service via
        control panel / services.  See what account the service logs in as.
If
        it is the SYSTEM account, make sure that the D: drive has
permissions
        for the SYSTEM account.  A lot of NT Administrators remove EVERYONE
from
        the permissions, it also prevents the SYSTEM account from being
able to
        do backups.

  Richard