ADSM-L

Re: exclude statement

2000-09-29 13:25:37
Subject: Re: exclude statement
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:24:11 -0400
>ANS1036S Invalid option '/home/hosp.../data/.../*.TMP'

Nothing in TSM generates more confusion than specifying exclusions
with wildcards.  We all dread having to deal with it, particularly
as it doesn't exactly conform to any common wildcard conventions
we're used to.  The B/A manual says that wildcards are not allowed
in the higher level portions of file path specifications, and this
seems to bear that out.  I think you're left to either specify
each /home/hosp___ file system on its own Exclude statement or
go with an Exclude of /home/.../data/.../*.TMP if that does what
you need.  The current Exclude capability is rather limited.
   Richard Sims, BU