ADSM-L

Backing up DB for offsite

2000-09-28 15:01:37
Subject: Backing up DB for offsite
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:00:29 +0200
Hi TSM-ers,

we recently moved to a 3494 with two 3590Ex drives.
I'm backing up the DB daily. But I don't like to leave the DB backup in the
3494.
So I would like to move the DB backup into the local safe. A second copy
should
be moved offsite.
Do you recommend to take another full DB backup or should I use a
DBSNAPSHOT?
How do you handle your DB backups when they expire? As there is no access
mode
I can change to offsite how do I know what offsite tapes are free?

A lot of questions but I'm grateful to any answer I can get!

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at