ADSM-L

Re: Gigabit-Adapter and ADSM on OS/390

2000-09-28 10:33:23
Subject: Re: Gigabit-Adapter and ADSM on OS/390
From: Keith Huff <khuff AT WCF-UTAH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:34:32 -0600
We have not yet done anything to increase the frame size over what
we are using on the FDDI adapter.  Now that you have raised the
question, we will add that to our list of things to investigate.   From what
our network gurus tell me, it is likely that we will try to use larger frames.

>>> chris.mcmahon AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU 09/27/00 04:20PM >>>
I understand the GbE OSA-Adapter allows frames up to 9000 bytes.  Are you using
or intending to use larger frames?  We will be trialling a TSM 3.7x client/TDP
For Domino 1.1.1 on NT4 with an Intel Pro 1000 backing up to ADSM 3.1 server on
OS/390 with a GbE OSA-Adapter.

We have just installed a GbE OSA-Adapter on our OS/390 R2.7 system.
      We are running ADSM 3.1.50.
      We are just begining our testing and so far haven't found any issues with
      ADSM.
      We have done some archives and retrieves successfully.
      Our current environment uses a FDDI OSA-Adapter and of course
      the GbE is much faster.  I don't have any specifics yet as to how much
      faster.

>>> johann.zeiser AT BRZ.GV DOT AT 09/27/00 02:11AM >>>
Hi,

does anyone use the Gigabit-OSA-Adapter on an OS/390-System?
Does it work with ADSM and how is the experience?

Thanks for your response.

regards
Johann Zeiser
email: johann.zeiser AT brz.gv DOT at