ADSM-L

Re: Changing configuration to use 4 drives

2000-09-27 03:00:46
Subject: Re: Changing configuration to use 4 drives
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:59:54 +0200
Ken,

delete the upgraded drives and define them again. Set access to all tapes
in FILLING state to READONLY.

Background: ADSM internally keeps record of all drives and tapes of beeing
of type B or E. ADSM still thinks, that the old drives are of type B, until
you redefine them. It will not mount a type E tape on a type B drive. It
will also not mount a type B tape on a type E drive for writing, therefore
the FILLING tapes should be set READONLY until they are empty.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet