ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading from ADSM 3.1.2.50 to TSM 3.7.x

2000-09-26 17:12:58
Subject: Re: Upgrading from ADSM 3.1.2.50 to TSM 3.7.x
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:10:44 +1100
Hi John,

We did this about 3 years ago to one of our ADSM servers. The approach that we
took was to duplicate the entire ADSM database  onto the new machine and then
remove about half of the client from each machine. Once the database was
duplicated we locked every node defintion where the node should be backing up
to the other server. Then we deleted the filespaces and node defintions.

Of course this will only work if you use collocation for your tape storage
pools and you do have to be careful as to which tapes get checked into each
machine but it was relatively painless and a lot less work than having to do
exports.

An additional advantage is that to a certain degree, one all of the nodes are
backing up to their respective servers you have as long as you want to remove
the redundant data from the database.

regards,

Trevor