ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.2.40 DB unload/reload

2000-09-26 08:23:59
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.2.40 DB unload/reload
From: Werner Baur <Werner.Baur AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:07:50 +0200
For sake of shortness I have described our problem not very exactly. I should
have
mentioned that we have first tried db backup/restore. Unfortunately restore db
failed
several times. We have been told by IBM support that the reason for the failure
is an
inconsistency in the database and that audit db is required.
Nobody can tell us how long an audit would last and our experiences with audit
db in
the past are not very promising ...
Right now the load db failed after 4 days with an "insufficient space message".
Actually this was our third attempt to load the db. The loads before ended up
also
with "insufficient space messages. I doubt that insufficient space is the
reason for
the failure, we have provided 90 GB for loading. The original size of the db is
69 GB.
In fact I suppose that the assumed inconsistency of the db causes the problems.

Originally we provided backup/restore db as fallback in case of problems with
the
export volume group approach. Now it looks like we have to forgo the fallback.
At
least it is encouraging that others have done a successfull server movement
before.

Thank you all for your hints,
Werner

--
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781