ADSM-L

Re: Deleting tapes from DRM?

2000-09-25 13:54:23
Subject: Re: Deleting tapes from DRM?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:53:49 -0400
What type of robot, what is your server platform and software level?

I run ADSM on AIX, I run the MOVE DRMEDIA as you describe below daily,
before the tapes are actually put back in the robot.  TSM does not call for
those tapes to be mounted when I run MOVE DRMEDIA.

What message do you get from the MOVE DRMEDIA command?  You should get a
message that the tapes have been deleted from the storage pools.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert