ADSM-L

Re: Slow restore for large NT client outcome

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: Re: Slow restore for large NT client outcome
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I think we need the answers to Kelly Lipp's question - how fast is Arcserve
really? But IF it is better, then I dont think we can get away with saying -
its too many files, its NTFS that slows down TSM, etc. Those are the
realities of our servers, and we need a RESTORE (notice I did not say
backup) solution that isn't career ending. Now there was one response that
said thay are MOVING towards mirroring - better late than never - and
another response that said management doesn't like incremental forever -
they need to get over that. All in all, TSM is great - but if any restore
takes 48 hours - WB will be looking for a new tech support manager.

Dan Kronstadt
Warner Bros.

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
     - H. M. Warner (1881-1958), founder of Warner Bros., in 1927